Tiny Tales- story in 100 words-Interlude

She was finally there, in his bed, asleep after their passionate interlude. He recalled how he was so deeply smitten after their encounter at the sailor’s club this morning.

The feeling must be mutual as quite unabashedly, she had tagged along. She had followed him from the local tourist bazaars to the sunset point and finally to his room.

Picking up the evening papers, he primped and preened, congratulating himself on his newfound charms.

His throat went dry, he felt weak, her picture stared back from the newspaper. The caption underneath “tourist dead in the plane crash due to technical failure.”

#100wordsminitales

#drabble

****

This tiny tale was written for a prompt contest by Penmancy. The prompt was to weave a 100-words story incorporating the four given pictures in a sequence.

We don’t spam!

Check Also

The Mother

The baby mewled—a rhythmic whimper that jolted me awake.  I padded to the nursery; it …

Leave a Reply

.