50 words micro-tale- Negative

“Congratulations!! your baby has tested negative. “
Tears gushed out. Deep and profound relief surged in. She looked on as the nurse filed in her newborn’s exam reports in a nondescript green folder.
Lying next to it was her own file, marked with big, bold indelible red letters – “HIV positive.”

#50wordsminitales

#pocketstories

#tinytales

****

This tiny tale was written for a prompt contest by Mompreneur Circle. The prompt was to weave a 50-words story incorporating the word-‘Negative.’  The story was chosen as a winner.

We don’t spam!

Check Also

The Mother

The baby mewled—a rhythmic whimper that jolted me awake.  I padded to the nursery; it …

Leave a Reply

.